Privacy and Security Policy
Carbon Atelier is a brand of lab grown diamonds and Jewelry operated by Tek Luxury LLC.
Tek Luxury wants you to know that we take your privacy seriously and that we appreciate the trust you have given us by visiting our website Carbon-Atelier.com ™ or by sharing your personal data with us. The information contained in this policy lets you know how seriously we take protecting your privacy. Here we tell you why we collect your personal information, what information we collect, how we use that information, and how you can access and update information.
Under this policy, “personal information” means information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, unless restricted by law, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This is generally done to improve your shopping experience on Carbon-Atelier.com.
- Expedite your purchases and enable the Services you request,
- Approve and monitor your purchases,
- Enhance and improve our services and products,
- Enrich the general customer experience through targeted advertising,
- Recognize and classify your customer preferences,
- Improve Services for our customer/user base,
- Accurately answer your questions and respond to requests,
- Manage and control promotions and contests,
- Distribute information regarding products of interest,
- Analyse your account information for completeness and errors,
- Deter and prevent abuse and fraud,
- Follow applicable legal requirements and Carbon Atelier’s policies and procedures, and
- Other uses with your consent.
Over time we may combine the information you provide to us with other information that is publicly available or collected though our cookies or other similar available technology.
How we collect Device Information:
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
– Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Comments you provide on our site or social media platforms:
Your comments and feedback are important to us. Those communications directly help us improve our site and services. By communicating to us that information you effectively give the rights to it to Tek Luxury or Carbon-Atelier.com. Additionally, we reserve the right to post and use those comments on our Site and in our advertising and marketing materials. Finally, we may use those comments and material as our own Site Materials.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Occasionally we may share your Personal Information with third parties to help create a better shopping experience onr Carbon Atelier.com as described above. We do not and will not sell your personal data to any third party for any purpose.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
Once you have created a Carbon-Atelier.com account it will be possible for you to update, review, and change some of your personal information by logging into your account. This can be done 24/7. If you require assistance in changing or updating your personal account information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We use your personal or provided information to deliver a superior shopping experience and services such as offers and promotions that we think you will want to hear. If at any time you no longer wish to receive communications from us, let us know.
To opt out of receiving emailed promotions from us:
(1) go to the Carbon-Atelier.com web page and select “unsubscribe,” then follow the prompts and enter in the required information, or conversely open the promotional email, click the “unsubscribe” hyperlink and then follow the prompts to unsubscribe; (2) if you wish to unsubscribe from SMS/data based promotions email us at email@example.com You can also tell us where to send written promotional materials. (3) To opt out of regular mail promotions, please write to us at 28 West 44th Street suite 802, New York NY 10036. Please note that opting out of communications with us does not affect specific communications from us regarding transactions and purchases. When required by applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent at the time of data collection pursuant to which you will opt-in to the processing of (i) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law, and (ii) personal information for marketing purposes.
You can opt out of targeted digital advertising by going to the following pages:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
YOUR RIGHTS AS AN EUROPEAN USER
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of the European Union, UK and other non-EU European nations.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Children Under the Age of 13
We also take the protection and data security of minor children under the age of 13 seriously. To that end, Tek Luxury does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If it is discovered that we have done so, we will promptly delete that data from out servers. For more information on protecting the data privacy rights of minor children under the age of 13 please see the FTC website at https://www.ftc.gov.
Tek Luxury takes securing your personal information seriously. As such we employ a number of electronic and physical security protocols to ensure that your personal information remains safe and secure. However, in today’s rapidly changing technological environment, no security protocol is impregnable. To that end, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will never be compromised.
Below are our multi-point electronic and physical security protocols:
- SSL Encryption: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology is the industry standard for protecting data when computer servers are communicating and transferring data. We use SSL when completing transaction online. SSL helps to ensure that your sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number, is not apprehended by adverse third-parties.
- Credit Card Orders: To minimize unnecessary risk of your sensitive personal information being compromised we do not store your credit card information after an order has been completed. To further minimize this risk, we complete our credit card orders within 24 hours by working directly with the authorizing bank. This enables us to ship products sooner and delete temporarily stored information sooner.
- Telephone Orders: If you would rather transact by telephone you can call us at: 282.1100 to speak with a Carbon Atelier sales representative and complete your order.
- Signature Requirements for Delivery: We always insure and register items shipped via mail to their fullest value. Finally, we only ship to physical business or residential addresses and require that a person over 18 years of age sign for the delivery.
California Privacy Rights Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits end users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at our corporate address below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
TEK LLUXURY dba Carbon Atelier
28 W 44th Street
New York, NY, 10036